Dr. Soumya Ghosh
MD, MRCPsych, Dip Clinical Psychiatry, Dip Health Research
I am a private Consultant Psychiatrist. I am also employed as a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist by Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust. I completed all my training in Psychiatry in the United Kingdom. Apart from being a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (United Kingdom), I have acquired Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry (Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Ireland) and Diploma in Healthcare Research (University of Leeds).
I worked in general medicine. My knowledge and experience in medicine helps me understand complex medical and psychiatric problems and devise a comprehensive management plan.
I am a Trainer for junior doctors in Psychiatry as well as an Undergraduate Tutor for medical students from the University of Cambridge. I also train other professionals in Psychiatry. The challenges of the teaching and training role help me keep myself up to date with new developments in my specialty.
I am approved under Section 12 of the mental health Act, 1983, by the Secretary of State for Health as having special expertise in the diagnosis and management of mental illness.
I assess and treat in my private clinic
- Psychotic Disorders (e.g. Schizophrenia)
- Mood Disorders (e.g. Bipolar Affective Disorder, Depression)
- Anxiety Disorders (Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Social & other Phobias)
- Alcohol related Disorders
- Psychiatric treatment for Pain Management
- Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (e.g. Autism, Learning Disability)
- Neuropsychiatric Disorders (e.g. Epilepsy, other medical conditions)
- Other Complex Psychiatric Problems
I am interested in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Neurodevelopmental Disorders like Autism Spectrum Disorder; Complex Neuropsychiatric problems like mental health problems with medical conditions like Epilepsy.
General Medical Council
Royal College of Psychiatrists
Please ask your doctor for referral